Monday, January 18, 2010

Daybook for January 18th

Outside my window...a bit cloudy, but projected to be 67 today.  This I can live with!

I am thinking...about what time to devote to writing everyday.  Once the noise of the day progresses, I just don't get around to it.  And for days I've attempted to get up earlier than everyone else (which means 5 am) but I don't even hear the alarm go off.  I must turn it off at some point but I don't recall.  That would leave evenings, which requires a great deal of discipline to put off "relaxing" and forge ahead with my pen on top of the fact that I'm not at my mental best at night.  Mornings are it.  New alarm clock?

I am thankful for...friends.  I am learning more and more the need for fellowship and relationships and cultivating and nourishing those relationships.

I am wearing...black leggings and a hot pink hoodie and white socks. 

I am remembering...what hunger is like.  Deep hunger.  It's my new best friend.

I am going...walking later. My other new best friend.

I am currently reading...the last of Genesis and Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace."

I am hoping...to write 1000 words a day this week.  That would be awesome. 

On my mind...how to become debt free, after we have income again of course.

Noticing that....Noah likes the sound of Emily's dress up shoes. 

Pondering these words: "These are the kings who reigned in the land of Edom, before any king reigned over the Israelites." Genesis 36:31.  Of course later, in Samuel's day, the Israelites cry out for a king, like the other nations.  Even in Bible days the human heart wanted what the Joneses had.

From the kitchen...Catfish nuggets and fries today, Tandori Chicken with Gobhi Masala Tuesday, Baked Navy Beans with Squash and Rice Wednesday, Fish Chowder Thursday, and Spicy Peanut Noodles Friday.  Yum!

Around the house...laundry, dishes, and LESS CLUTTER!

One of my favorite things...a blank journal.  Oh the possibilities. 

From my photos:  Flowers I liked from the Botanical Gardens.  I want to add to my own garden....




Embrace the simple everday moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment