Wednesday, January 13, 2010

50 Miles!!!! :-)

Wow! I seriously can't believe in December I was hoping for 10 miles in one week and here I've done 50 miles in 12 days.  :-)

On a more sober note, I seriously tanked dinner tonight.  I made a Maple Dijon Chicken Crockpot recipe today, and it smelled so yummy.  I decided to go walking before eating dinner, figuring, it's a crockpot, how much harm can it do?

Well let me tell you! The chicken was so dry.  Bleh!  I couldn't eat mine (and after my walk I was STARVING!) and couldn't bring myself to tell the kids to.  We dumped it all out and the kids ate PB&Js and pudding and Bob and I are about to have taquitos and chipotle fries. 

What a disappointment.  It could have been the extra time it spent cooking.  It could have been that I thawed my chicken before putting it in there and maybe it should have been left frozen (the recipe didn't specify).  Whatever the reason, YUCK!

On top of that, yesterday Emily turned the corner too early at the top of the stairs and banged her forehead pretty good on the corner of the wall.  She had a HUGE goose-egg.  I felt so bad for her.  She kept looking in the mirror and going: "What's it doing? Why is it getting bigger?" and looking at me with big puppy-dog eyes. 

Heartbreak. 

Life with the Ford Family.  It's....eventful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment