Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010!

My New Year's Resolutions:

  1. Get a whole lot more organized about prayer.  Spontaneity is good, but I want to make sure everyone's covered and mountains get moved.
  2. Create a home organizing notebook, with cleaning schedules, birthdays and gift ideas and deadlines for getting those gifts out, menu plans, financial goals, bills, etc.  One place to go for everything important.  Time to get organized.
  3. Lose weight.  I know this is on just about everyone's list, year after year after year.  But I know I am limited in many things by my weight and it's time for freedom.  And I know I stress less when I exercise more.  'Nuff said.
  4. Start a home bible study for women in my neighborhood.  Don't know how, don't know when.  But I know I know I've been called.  And there's a stack of bible studies sitting in my bookcase that call my name and remind me every time I walk by.
  5. Develop a one on one time daily with each child.  With four, that will be challenging.  But if I want to know my children when they are teenagers, I need to know them now. 
  6. Write a book.  It doesn't matter if it's never published.  It doesn't even matter if another soul ever reads it.  Just write it. 
  7. Open my home one evening a week to invite neighbors over and get to know them.  
  8. Organize my photos and momentos.  It's a crazy crazy mess and can't be appreciated stuffed in a chest.  
  9. Plan a vacation.  Somewhere fun.  And start saving.
  10. End the year with a savings account.  Wouldn't that be nice?
"Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established." Proverbs 16:3, ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment