Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Holy Java?!

One Sunday morning, as I stood in worship, relishing the delicious taste of coffee in my mouth and remembering the feeling I'd had that morning as I'd walked into the fresh brewed smell of my kitchen, I got it.  I remembered the Bible saying something somewhere about the smell of fat burning on the sacrificial altar being a pleasant aroma to the Lord.  I also remembered the Bible saying something somewhere about the Lord abhorring a sacrifice given with the wrong intentions, with ulterior motives.  And I stood there, worshipping Almighty Maker of heaven and earth, my Potter, my Redeemer, and my Prince of Peace, and whispered, "Lord, may my worship be your cup of coffee this morning, may it fill your throneroom with a delicous fresh-brewed aroma, may it wake you up to see that there is a people on this earth still filled with passion and longing at the mention of Your Name."   

No comments:

Post a Comment